Friday, June 14, 2013

Be aggressive...B-E AGGRESSIVE!

Last night I was on Hulu and saw the ABC show Extreme Weight Loss. I watched episode 2, a girl named Meredith who weighed 314 lbs. In a year, she got down to 155. She also developed a strong love for running, so much so that in the episode she ran a marathon. I was completely inspired. She was running at over 300 lbs! I don't think it is a coincidence I discovered this episode on the same day I decided to do the Couch to 5k program.

So this morning, I weighed in. I am down 2.2 lbs! That is a total of 25 lbs lost! I am very excited! I feel like this episode, coupled with this weight loss, has changed my mindset to thinking that nothing is unattainable. I know I can do this. I know I can lose however much weight I want and do it permanently and healthily. And I feel like now I can be a runner. I have secretly always coveted runners. I know several people who run. I never, ever thought I could be one of them. I see them posting on facebook about their runs and I both awed and jealous. I think running is aggressive, in the best possible way. I want to be aggressive! It is so much more so than walking. I have always wanted to do a marathon and the Color Me Rad 5k and now I think I will set those as my goals. I will lose this weight and run in those races.

With that in mind, I went to the track today, threw on my sneakers, and JOGGED! I JOGGED! ME!!! The girl who said she would only ever run if a dog or the police was chasing her, RAN!!!! I did almost the whole half mile around the track jogging. I was super sweaty, I was out of breath, but I felt free and alive! When I wanted to stop, I thought about the girl Meredith on the episode and how transformative running had been for her. I want that for myself. So I put one foot in front of the other and kept going. I would have done more, but the track was severely flooded from last night's rain. I stepped into what I thought was a puddle and it went all the way up to my calf and soaked my shoes. So when it dries up, hopefully soon, I will be jogging. I think this could be my new passion! With that being said, runners, I think I need better sneakers. What works best for you? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment